Deciding whether a dental prosthetic is the right choice for you typically includes taking a long list of factors into consideration. Fortunately, there’s a teeth replacement solution that fits your needs – it’s just a matter of making a choice that meets your personal goals and preferences. If you have been considering dental implants to replace your missing teeth, you may find yourself wondering if you will qualify. For a better idea of who makes a good candidate for treatment, take the following dental quiz for a spin and remember to call us with questions or to schedule a consultation.
Implant Candidacy Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: There is nothing you can do to become a candidate for dental implants if you have suffered from gum disease.
- True or False: Patients typically qualify for implants quite quickly if they are interested in a short-term recovery process with their dental prosthetic.
- True or False: Candidacy for implants rests in part on a desire to replace your entire tooth, including the visible portion as well as your tooth’s roots.
Quiz Answer Key
- False. If you have suffered from gum disease, which may be the cause of your tooth loss, you may still qualify for dental implants. You see, severe gum disease can damage your jawbone, which must have sufficient volume and strength to support implants. We will determine whether your bone is healthy enough or if you need bone grafting, which may improve your candidacy.
- False. Choosing implants provides you with a host of wonderful benefits. However, candidacy will rest partially on your ability to enjoy the somewhat lengthy process. After the surgical placement, you will recover for several months.
- True. Dental implants are the only prosthetic that provide you with a way to restore the roots of your tooth. Some patients prefer to simply restore the part of their tooth that rests above their gumline, choosing a prosthetic such as a partial or bridge.
ABOUT YOUR RIVERSIDE DENTISTS:
With offices throughout Riverside Country, including Corona, Temecula, and Moreno Valley, Riverside Dental Group is happy to provide advanced general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry services to patients of all ages. To learn more, or to schedule a consultation, call our office today at (951) 689-5031.