Patients dealing with moderate, severe, or even complete tooth loss may be well-suited for dentures. Thanks to modern dental technology, we offer lightweight, comfortable dentures that improve both the cosmetic appearance and the health of your smile. Crafted out of a high-grade acrylic base designed to mimic gum tissue, and acrylic or porcelain teeth, dentures offer versatile smile replacement solutions.
What are Dentures?
A denture is a tooth replacement crafted out of high-grade acrylic. The device includes pink “gum tissue” and white artificial teeth to restore the appearance, function, and beauty of your smile. Dentures provide a versatile solution in their ability to address nearly any configuration of missing teeth. In addition, you may choose traditional dentures, which rely on the natural suction of your gums for stability. Or, you may select implant dentures. These dentures rest securely on dental implants placed in your jawbone.
What are the Types of Dentures?
Different types of tooth loss demand a variety of solutions. We offer both complete and partial dentures:
- Complete Dentures: A complete denture provides patients with a replacement for a full arch of missing teeth. You may select a top or bottom denture, or you may wear both simultaneously depending on your needs.
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures correct partial tooth loss. Similar to full dentures, this prosthetic rests partly on your palate and utilizes metal clasps that fit over remaining natural teeth. You may replace several teeth in a row or teeth spread across your top or bottom arch.
The Benefits of Dentures
Severe or complete tooth loss may limit your ability to properly bite, chew, and speak. Fortunately, dentures offer several benefits, including:
- Complete dentures efficiently restore one or both full arches of teeth.
- You will enjoy a complete, beautiful, natural looking smile for improved self-esteem.
- Replacing your teeth restores the interior mouth framework that supports your lower face, preventing your lips from sinking inward.
- Dentures are removable, making for simple daily hygiene.
- Dentures provide a tooth replacement solution for individuals suffering from jawbone damage.
Do I Qualify for Dentures?
Nearly every patient suffering from missing teeth will qualify for dentures. Your dentist will discuss your goals and will examine your oral cavity to determine which prosthetic best suits your needs. For patients desiring implant-retained dentures, digital X-rays and other forms of advanced imagining may be necessary to determine the strength and density of your jawbone. If your jawbone is unhealthy, we may suggest bone grafting, a process that includes restoring deteriorated bone tissue.
Schedule a Consultation About Dentures With Us
Dentures can help complete your smile if you’re missing teeth and help you properly bite, chew, and speak. For more information, please contact one of our Riverside Dental Group offices. We have locations in Corona, Moreno Valley, Riverside, and Temecula.