Accidents and sudden discomfort can happen to anyone at any time of day. To set your mind at ease, we offer emergency dentistry. In many cases, patients find themselves in need of instant relief from sudden pain. Other patients suffer a more apparent concern, such as a dislodged or broken tooth. Whatever the problem, the sooner we see you, the faster we can provide treatment to address your concern. We may even be able to save your tooth or prevent serious damage.
What To Do First
Follow these simple steps for your emergency dental care visit:
- If you are suffering from a life-threatening issue like severe blood loss, contact 911 or visit your local emergency room rather than contacting us.
- If you are suffering from a dental emergency, call us, so we may schedule your emergency dental appointment.
- Remain calm and ask a friend or loved one to drive you to your appointment if you feel nervous or are in severe discomfort.
Before You Visit Us
Before you leave home to visit our office for your emergency appointment, we encourage you to follow some simple steps:
- If your tooth has become dislodged, rinse it under lukewarm water. Be careful to avoid detaching tissue. Gently attempt to replace the tooth in its original spot in your mouth. If the tooth does not effortlessly slip into its socket, place it in a sealed container filled with milk or salt water and bring it with you to your appointment.
- If you suffer a broken tooth, collect the pieces and place them in a sealed container, such as a plastic bag.
- For minor bleeding, place pressure against the area with clean gauze or linen.
- If you suffer from pain or swelling, place an ice pack over the affected area. Take over-the-counter pain relievers, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen, for relief.
Schedule an Emergency Dentistry Appointment With Us
Contact one of our Riverside Dental Group offices as soon as possible when a dental emergency arises so that we may treat the issue. We have locations in Corona, Moreno Valley, Riverside, and Temecula.