Have you received a root canal therapy to save your tooth in the past? If not – and you are currently in need of this solution – you may find that you are not quite sure what to expect. The good news is that a root canal is comfortable and effective, quickly helping to alleviate your discomfort. Perhaps you are already aware of this information. Or, maybe you are concerned that you know too little to feel comfortable showing up for your appointment. We invite you to test your knowledge to see just how much you know – and, in the meantime, please feel free to call us with questions, so you can feel confident about protecting your smile.
Root Canal Therapy Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: If your tooth is infected, you can choose root canal therapy when you’re ready – the disease will not get worse while you wait.
- True or False: If your tooth is very uncomfortable we will assume it is infected and will then suggest root canal therapy.
- True or False: A root canal is the last line of defense against a dental extraction – it can actually act as a lifesaver for your tooth.
Quiz Answer Key
- False. Infection is a progressive problem that will continue to advance – sometimes rapidly. To avoid significant damage or health concerns like the spread of infection into your bloodstream or an abscess, schedule your root canal as quickly as possible.
- False. Root canal treatment is only necessary if your tooth is infected. We will verify this fact by taking digital X-rays, so we can take a close look at what’s happening inside of your tooth.
- True. This is why we suggest agreeing to root canal therapy immediately. The sooner we repair your tooth, the greater your chance of keeping your tooth rather than losing it to an extraction.
ABOUT YOUR RIVERSIDE, CA DENTISTS:
Dental Associates of Woodcrest is a team of dental professionals dedicated to providing you and your entire family with compassionate care and a full spectrum of dental services. To learn more about our preventive, cosmetic, restorative, or emergency dentistry care, contact our Riverside office today at (951) 776-9001 to schedule a visit. We also look forward to offering care to patients from Temecula, Corona, Moreno Valley, and surrounding communities.