Do you know what it takes to make sure your crowns remain in beautiful condition? Are you certain about whether you need special toothbrushes and toothpastes to keep your smile clean once you receive a crown – or do you think you should continue with your usual dental hygiene routine for your dental crowns? If you know what to do, you can expect those restorations to remain in one piece, while performing their intended function. If not, you may find yourself with damage. Learn more (or find out you already know it all) with a fun quiz.
Quiz: Caring for Your Crown
- True or False: If you want to keep your smile clean, it’s important that you move forward practicing the care we usually suggest for your smile.
- True or False: When it comes to our usual suggestions for a healthy smile, we also recommend that you floss daily, brush twice daily, and use nonabrasive, fluoride-containing toothpaste.
- True or False: Beyond the obvious cleaning, keeping your crowns in good shape means keeping them out of harm’s way (such as avoiding extremely hard or crunchy foods).
- True. If you attempt to avoid brushing and flossing your dental crowns, you may end up dealing with cavities on teeth that neighbor your crown or periodontal problems.
- True. Remember to keep up with your preventive care (including brushing and flossing) every day without fail with the usual products. Contact us for preventive exams and dental cleanings, as well.
- True. Don’t do anything that could potentially chip, crack, or dislodge either a natural tooth or dental crown. For instance, say, “yes” to bruxism treatment and, “no” to any foods that appear extremely sticky or difficult to chew.
Riverside Dental Group and Dental Associate Offices Serves a Community Near You!
Our dentists look forward to caring for you and every member of your family with a comprehensive selection of services. We will maintain and improve your oral health with a wide range of preventive, cosmetic, restorative, implant, and emergency dentistry techniques. We also specialize in endodontics, periodontics, oral surgery, and orthodontics, serving patients from Riverside, Temecula, Moreno Valley, Corona, and all surrounding California communities. To schedule an appointment, contact one of the following locations nearest to you:
Riverside Dental Group at Magnolia in Riverside, CA at (951) 689-5031.
Dental Associates of Moreno Valley in Moreno Valley, CA at (951) 697-6800.
Riverside Dental Group at Woodcrest in Riverside, CA at (951) 776-9001.
Oasis Family Dental in Temecula, CA at (951) 695-2290.
Dental Associates of Riverside in Riverside, CA at (951) 369-1001.
Dental Associates of Corona in Corona, CA at (951) 273-9580.