Every time you see a toothpaste commercial, come see us for a visit, or take a quick stroll down the hygiene aisle, you are likely bombarded by the term plaque. While you have probably gathered that this substance is essentially a “bad guy” in some way, you might be missing the details you need to understand what it is, why it’s bad, and more. The more you know, the better you may protect your teeth, so your Riverside dentist encourages you to make your way through our quiz regarding plaque, dental hygiene, and additional care.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Plaque is also referred to as biofilm, so when you hear one or the other, you can assume we are referring to the same thing.
- True or False: Plaque is the leading cause of problems like tooth decay and gingivitis. As a result, your Riverside dentist strongly suggests you do your best to keep it cleaned off of your teeth according to our suggestions.
- True or False: The best way to handle plaque is to practice dental hygiene at home, combined with coming in for your dental checkups and cleanings, which we encourage you to commit to two times a year (every six months).
- True. This is accurate. Whether we say plaque or biofilm, you know we’re discussing the sticky coating over your teeth that contains tons of different bacteria.
- True. Since plaque isn’t going anywhere, it’s very important for your to thoroughly remove it from your smile twice a day, every day, because you don’t want to deal with the complications and treatments required from tooth decay, gum disease, or anything else.
- True. Fortunately, it’s fairly easy to keep plaque under control as long as you remember that your dental hygiene is essential in the morning and again at night (and that your Riverside dentist really does need to see you for exams and cleanings two times each year).
Protect Your Oral Health With Dental Cleanings
Come in for your cleanings, so you can piggyback on your efforts with dental hygiene at home to protect your smile. Give us a call in Riverside, CA to schedule a consultation with your dentist. We are proud to serve patients from Riverside, Temecula, Moreno Valley, Corona, and all surrounding California communities. To schedule an appointment, contact one of the following locations nearest to you:
Riverside Dental Group at Magnolia in Riverside, CA at (951) 689-5031.
Dental Associates of Moreno Valley in Moreno Valley, CA at (951) 697-6800.
Riverside Dental Group at Woodcrest in Riverside, CA at (951) 776-9001.
Oasis Family Dental in Temecula, CA at (951) 695-2290.
Dental Associates of Riverside in Riverside, CA at (951) 369-1001.
Dental Associates of Corona in Corona, CA at (951) 273-9580.