Your Children’s Riverside dentist wonders how much you know about dental sealants for your kids. Is this something you only know a little bit about, so you haven’t put forth too much effort into scheduling the treatment for your son or daughter? Are you almost ready to move forward with sealants but you just need one more question answered? Whatever the case may be, we suggest you sort out the details with our quiz (and then schedule a visit for your little one soon)!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Once your child receives dental sealants, your Riverside children’s dentist reminds you that they will require special care in addition to usual dental hygiene.
- True or False: Remember that once placed, your child’s sealants will eventually need to be removed within the next 10 years or so with professional help.
- True or False: The placement of sealants is risky because any trapped bacteria beneath them can lead to decay that will require treatment.
- False. Actually, once sealants are in place, care remains just as it always was. Your children will still need to practice these same dental hygiene, which will include brushing and flossing. Sealants don’t require special care.
- False. Your Riverside children’s dentist explains that while sealants may certainly last up to 10 years or so, they will slow fade away without any help. They will not require removal.
- False. We thoroughly clean and prep your child’s teeth before placement to ensure we keep bacteria out, not in.
Ask Your Riverside Children’s Dentist Your Sealant Questions
Remember that we are here to help guide you toward the best dental care possible for your child! Give us a call in Riverside, CA to schedule a consultation with your dentist. We are proud to serve patients from Riverside, Temecula, Moreno Valley, Corona, and all surrounding California communities. To schedule an appointment, contact one of the following locations nearest to you:
Riverside Dental Group at Magnolia in Riverside, CA at (951) 689-5031.
Dental Associates of Moreno Valley in Moreno Valley, CA at (951) 697-6800.
Riverside Dental Group at Woodcrest in Riverside, CA at (951) 776-9001.
Oasis Family Dental in Temecula, CA at (951) 695-2290.
Dental Associates of Riverside in Riverside, CA at (951) 369-1001.
Dental Associates of Corona in Corona, CA at (951) 273-9580.