Why do our teeth hurt? At some point, nearly all of us will develop a painful . What causes this discomfort? What can we do to avoid it? At Dental Associates of Corona, our team understands the factors that can lead to discomfort. We can help you enjoy a healthier smile free of unnecessary tooth pain.
1. True or False: Pain in your tooth may be a warning sign.
2. True or False: You should see a dentist for discomfort that lasts more than 48 hours.
3. True or False: What you eat can increase your chances of developing tooth decay.
4. True or False: With regular maintenance, you can avoid tooth pain.
1. True. Discomfort is often one of the first signs that something is wrong. Pain in your tooth may be an indicator of tooth decay, infection, an abscess, or that a tooth has become chipped or cracked.
2. True. In some cases, dental discomfort can be the result of a sinus infection or change in altitude. This means the pain will pass after just a few hours. However, any toothaches that persist after 48 hours need to be examined by a professional, as this could be evidence of developing cavities.
3. True. If you eat or drink products high in sugar and other starches, this increases your risk of cavities. Bacteria break down these particles, coating teeth in a layer of plaque that weakens your defenses against bacteria. Soon, you can develop tooth decay and oral pain.
4. True. To help prevent discomfort, we recommend improving your oral hygiene. This includes brushing and flossing your teeth everyday. You should also undergo a professional dental cleaning, the only way to completely remove plaque from your teeth. We can answer any questions you may have and invite you to contact our office today.
About Your Corona Dentists
If you would like to schedule a consultation with Riverside Dental Group, contact us by calling (951) 273-9580. We offer the latest in preventive, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry to ensure optimum oral health, and we welcome patients from Corona and surrounding communities.