If you have asked us about potential solutions for dramatically improving your smile, the surprising advantages of porcelain veneers may have caught your attention. We often suggest this cosmetic treatment to offer patients a smile makeover. Veneers are particularly helpful in cases that require us to address an extensive variety of esthetic concerns. Fortunately, veneers are tiny powerhouses, offering a long list of improvements without requiring much extra work. Within as few as two visits, we may prep your teeth, plan, and place your veneers for the beautiful, stunning smile you desire. Wondering how much you know about them? Test your knowledge with the following quiz:
Porcelain Veneers: True or False Quiz
- True or False: Veneers cover your entire tooth just like dental crowns.
- True or False: Veneers only improve whiteness and tooth shape.
- True or False: We will place your veneers by bonding them to your teeth.
- True or False: Veneers are very fragile so you will have to be extremely careful with them.
- False. Unlike crowns, veneers are super-thin casings that we place over the visible portion of your teeth only. They create a façade without resulting in total coverage.
- False. Porcelain veneers offer many benefits, including improved tooth shape, improved tooth size and length, coverage of cosmetic damage like cracks, chips, textural damage, and stains, they result in a whiter smile, and they even fill spaces between your teeth.
- True. During your second appointment, we will first temporarily apply the veneers to ensure a wonderful fit. After making any necessary adjustments, we will permanently bond them for long-term wear.
- False. Porcelain veneers are anything but fragile. Second to your natural teeth, which are known for their incredible strength, veneers are prized for their durability. You will not need to change your daily hygiene habits, either, as long as you brush twice a day with non-abrasive products and floss once daily.
ABOUT YOUR RIVERSIDE DENTISTS:
With offices throughout Riverside Country, including Corona, Temecula, and Moreno Valley, Riverside Dental Group is happy to provide advanced general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry services to patients of all ages. To learn more, or to schedule a consultation, call our office today at (951) 689-5031.