Do you want to obtain a beautiful smile? Improving the appearance of your smile is possible with routine oral healthcare. By practicing good oral hygiene, you reduce the severity of teeth stains and combat common health problems, such as tooth decay or gum disease. Let’s look at 5 tips for achieving a beautiful smile.
Improve the Beauty of your Smile
1. Brush and Floss Everyday: There’s a reason you were always urged to brush your teeth. When you brush and floss you remove bacteria and food particles from the teeth. Doing so reduces the severity of plaque buildup, reducing the chances of developing tooth decay and gum disease. You should brush twice a day, in the morning and again at night. You need to floss at least once a day; we recommend doing so before bed.
2. Have your Teeth Professionally Cleaned: Brushing and flossing can’t actually remove plaque from your teeth. However, a professional cleaning can. Removing plaque greatly decreases the chances of developing gum disease. In addition, a routine cleaning can freshen your breath and brighten your teeth. The American Dental Association suggests having a cleaning once every six months.
3. Undergo Routine Checkups: Like a cleaning, you should have your teeth examined twice a year. A checkup allows the dentist to carefully examine your teeth and gums for signs of decay, oral cancer, gum disease, and other oral health issues.
4. Cut Back on Sugar: Bacteria break down sugar, leading to plaque buildup and an increase in oral acidity. By reducing your consumption of sugary snacks and drinks you can promote better oral health.
5. Cosmetic Dentistry: If you have stained teeth, gap in your smile, or damaged/misshapen teeth then you may benefit from cosmetic dentistry. We can use a number of treatments, including porcelain veneers and teeth whitening, to improve the appearance of your smile.
ABOUT YOUR RIVERSIDE DENTISTS:
With offices throughout Riverside Country, including Corona, Temecula, and Moreno https://www.riversidedentalgroup.com/bonding-contouring Valley, Riverside Dental Group is happy to provide advanced general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry services to patients of all ages. To learn more, or to schedule a consultation, call our office today at (951) 689-5031.