According to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, at least 69% of adults between the ages of 35 and 44 are missing at least one permanent tooth. As we age, the rate and risk of tooth loss only increases. However, there are several options available to combat tooth loss and restore your smile. Let’s look at five options for replacing missing teeth.
5 Dental Prosthetics in Moreno Valley, CA
1. Dental Bridges: A bridge can replace one or more teeth, provided they are in a row. After the replacement teeth are created crowns are attached to each side. We place the crowns onto the natural teeth that sit on either side of the gap. Using the crowns, your new teeth are held in place.
2. Partial Dentures: Partials also replace multiple lost teeth but in this case they can actually be spread out across an upper or lower arch. The artificial teeth have metal clasps on each end that we place onto the remaining natural teeth to hold your prosthesis firmly, so you can eat, speak, and smile with ease.
3. Full Dentures: With full dentures you can replace every tooth on one or both arches. The prosthesis features replacement teeth and an acrylic base designed to look like your gums. Held in place with either natural suction and/or an adhesive, you can enjoy a full smile. They will need to be adjusted periodically, about once every five to ten years.
4. Dental Implants: Unlike other systems, this is held place with a post that acts as a new tooth root. Surgically placed and made from a biocompatible titanium material, the implant post bonds with the jaw like a real tooth. We then add a restoration in the form of a crown. Implants can last up to 25 years or more.
5. Implant-Retained Dentures: For patients who want the severity of an implant but have multiple missing teeth, we can place several posts to secure a full prosthesis.
ABOUT YOUR RIVERSIDE DENTISTS:
With offices throughout Riverside Country, including Corona, Temecula, and Moreno https://www.riversidedentalgroup.com/bonding-contouring Valley, Riverside Dental Group is happy to provide advanced general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry services to patients of all ages. To learn more, or to schedule a consultation, call our office today at (951) 689-5031.