Have you scheduled a checkup recently? Many people wonder: “Do I need a checkup?” After all, if you brush and floss regularly, isn’t that enough? Actually, a checkup can help a patient avoid a number of common oral health problems and identify others early in their development.
Riverside, CA Dental Checkup Quiz
1. True or False: You should have an exam twice a year.
2. True or False: We can watch for warning signs of possible problems.
3. True or False: We may recommend a dental cleaning.
4. True or False: We can perform an oral cancer screening.
1. True. The American Dental Association recommends having your teeth examined once every six months. A routine checkup can help you maintain a healthy and visually pleasing smile.
2. True. The dentist will look for possible warning signs of tooth decay, gum disease, and even oral cancer. Catching these issues in the early stages can help promote good oral health and avoid the need for intensive procedures down the road.
3. True. A cleaning involves the removal of plaque buildup with a manual tool or possibly an ultrasonic scaler. Removing plaque reduces the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. In addition, the procedure can freshen the breath and even brighten the teeth. As with a checkup, you should have a cleaning performed twice a year.
4. True. Approximately over 45,000 people are diagnosed with oral cancer each year. If that number, nearly half will succumb to the disease within five years. The high mortality rate is tied to the fact that the disease is rarely uncovered in the early stages. However, a routine screening as part of a exam can help diagnosis the issue in the early stages, improving the chances of a full recovery. If you have any questions or need to schedule a consultation, please contact our office today.
ABOUT YOUR RIVERSIDE DENTISTS:
With offices throughout Riverside Country, including Corona, Temecula, and Moreno Valley, Riverside Dental Group is happy to provide advanced general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry services to patients of all ages. To learn more, or to schedule a consultation, call our office today at (951) 689-5031.