Do you have crooked or crowded teeth? Do you wonder, “Do I need orthodontic care?” If you have misalignment then you will benefit from orthodontic treatment. In addition to improving your smile’s appearance, braces and other orthodontic treatments can improve your oral health as well.
Orthodontic Care Quiz
1. True or False: Misalignments can lead to oral health problems.
2. True or False: We can place braces onto the back of the teeth.
3. True or False: Patients may be able to receive clear braces.
4. True or False: You may benefit from ceramic braces.
1. True. When teeth are uneven you may have trouble properly brushing and flossing. The result is an increased risk of tooth decay and gum disease. In addition, uneven smiles can place pressure on the jaw joints, leading to the onset of TMJ disorder or bruxism, (teeth grinding/clenching).
2. True. Also known as lingual braces, this involves placing brackets onto the rear facing side of the teeth. This option requires less tension and often addresses misalignment quicker than traditional braces. Patients also report a reduction in discomfort.
3. True. Invisalign doesn’t need brackets or wires. Instead, a series of clear aligners are created from BPA-free plastic. Patients wear the aligners daily to reposition the teeth. Treatment rarely takes more then a year and patient’s can eat normally and brush and floss with ease. We can offer this treatment for both adults and teens.
4. True. Also known as clear braces, we use ceramic to create the brackets instead of metal. The ceramic blends with the teeth for a less noticeable orthodontic treatment. We may connect the brackets with tooth-colored arch wires. You can enjoy smile correction without the usual appearance of braces. If you have any questions about this or any of our other treatments then please contact our office today.
ABOUT YOUR RIVERSIDE DENTISTS:
With offices throughout Riverside Country, including Corona, Temecula, and Moreno Valley, Riverside Dental Group is happy to provide advanced general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry services to patients of all ages. To learn more, or to schedule a consultation, call our office today at (951) 689-5031.