If you have a broken tooth then you may experience an increased risk of tooth decay or even dental infection. Fortunately, there are many ways to repair chipped teeth. From restorations to endodontic treatment, we can ease the discomfort and poor appearance of a damaged tooth.
Repairing Chipped Teeth in Corona, CA
1. Dental Bonding: With dental bonding we apply a composite resin, a metal-free material that can be shaded to blend with tooth structure. The material must then be cured with a light. During the curing process we will mold the material. Afterward, we polish the tooth for a lifelike finish. The entire bonding treatment can be completed in a single visit and address most minor chips.
2. Dental Crown: For more serious breakage or fractures we may recommend placing a dental crown. The restoration fits over the visible part of the tooth, protecting the remaining structure while preventing further damage or infection. Crowns can be made from a variety of materials, including natural looking ceramic.
3. Porcelain Veneers: For the teeth in the front of the mouth we can place a thin restoration known as a veneer. Made from porcelain, a veneer offers a natural looking appearance while masking common cosmetic imperfections, such as chips, teeth stains, pits or grooves in the tooth surface, and gaps between teeth. They are custom-made and require two visits for fabrication and placement.
4. Root Canal: If a chipped tooth develops an infection we can address the issue with a root canal procedure. The treatment involves removing infected tissue, cleaning the tooth, and filling the interior with a restorative filling. Finally, the tooth is capped with a dental crown.
5. Dental Implant: If your tooth becomes broken and requires removal we can often replace it with a dental implant. The implant replaces all parts of the missing tooth, including the root, with a prosthetic that can last for decades.
ABOUT YOUR CORONA DENTIST:
With offices throughout Riverside Country, including Corona, Temecula, and Moreno Valley, Riverside Dental Group is happy to provide advanced general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry services to patients of all ages. To learn more, or to schedule a consultation, call our office today at (951) 689-5031.