Are you a patient who deals with diabetes? Do you know very much about the connection between diabetes and your oral health? If so, then you are likely someone with your blood sugar and smile under control. If not, you will certainly benefit from additional information that can help keep your overall health and your oral tissues nice and safe. See how educated you’ve become with a quick quiz from your Corona dentist!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: One of the main reasons diabetes is dangerous for your oral health is the fact that it can cause your body to heal more slowly (and it becomes more susceptible to infection).
- True or False: A primary factor, your Corona dentist explains, is the fact that untreated diabetes includes high blood sugar levels (an elevated amount of glucose in your blood). Bacteria feed on sugar, which means the illness is essentially creating a more dangerous oral environment.
- True or False: When you combine a higher vulnerability to infection and a greater population of bacteria, the likelihood of gum disease goes up.
- True. Your mouth is full of bacteria, which means any potential problem that may include injury or infection may present a greater challenge to a patient with diabetes than one without.
- True. As bacteria have more sugar on which to feed, they can more easily live and multiply within your mouth, which increases your chance of periodontal disease and tooth decay.
- True. Unfortunately, this is a main reason gum disease is a much greater risk for a patient with diabetes, according to your Corona dentist.
Keep Diabetes Under Control For A Healthy Smile
Learn more about diabetes and your oral health with a visit to our practice. Give us a call in Corona, CA to schedule a consultation with your dentist. We are proud to serve patients from Riverside, Temecula, Moreno Valley, Corona, and all surrounding California communities. To schedule an appointment, contact one of the following locations nearest to you:
Riverside Dental Group at Magnolia in Riverside, CA at (951) 689-5031.
Dental Associates of Moreno Valley in Moreno Valley, CA at (951) 697-6800.
Riverside Dental Group at Woodcrest in Riverside, CA at (951) 776-9001.
Oasis Family Dental in Temecula, CA at (951) 695-2290.
Dental Associates of Riverside in Riverside, CA at (951) 369-1001.
Dental Associates of Corona in Corona, CA at (951) 273-9580.