You know just on instinct that coffee might not be great for your oral health. However, you hear pretty consistently that it’s full of antioxidants, which are wonderful for your health, so you may have a bit of a tug-of-war going on in your mind. Should you worry about the acid erosion that coffee can cause your teeth? Or, should you enjoy it anyway because of the benefits? That is something only you can decide. As for details to help you come to a conclusion, your Corona dentist offers a quick quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Since coffee is caffeinated, it can make issues like bruxism worse because this substance stimulates muscle movement.
- True or False: Your Corona dentist reminds you that coffee is often not so great for your smile because it can stain it, leading to a discolored smile and a need for cosmetic care.
- True or False: The good news is that coffee can be beneficial for your smile because if you drink four cups or more on a daily basis, it may protect against oral cancer.
- True. This is absolutely accurate. You probably already know that caffeine can make you a bit jumpy! It is a stimulant, so it essentially fuels your nerves and muscles, making them more likely to end up firing off (instead of relaxing). This is not helpful for issues like bruxism.
- True. Remember this detail that your Corona dentist has shared with you. Coffee will most certainly lead to staining, so rinse your smile after drinking it and remember your dental hygiene.
- True. Surprise! Coffee really is full of antioxidants and may actually help you avoid the development of oral cancer, so your daily cups of Joe may be worth it!
When You’re Unsure, Ask For Oral Health Help
If you have questions about how something might affect your smile and oral health, we always encourage you to ask us, so we can provide you with the information and help you need. Give us a call in Corona, CA to schedule a consultation with your dentist. We are proud to serve patients from Riverside, Temecula, Moreno Valley, Corona, and all surrounding California communities. To schedule an appointment, contact one of the following locations nearest to you:
Riverside Dental Group at Magnolia in Riverside, CA at (951) 689-5031.
Dental Associates of Moreno Valley in Moreno Valley, CA at (951) 697-6800.
Riverside Dental Group at Woodcrest in Riverside, CA at (951) 776-9001.
Oasis Family Dental in Temecula, CA at (951) 695-2290.
Dental Associates of Riverside in Riverside, CA at (951) 369-1001.
Dental Associates of Corona in Corona, CA at (951) 273-9580.