Are you someone who enjoys a glass of wine every now and again? Perhaps you like a glass with your dinner. Maybe wine tasting is a favorite pastime. Whatever the case, your Temecula dentist encourages you to quiz yourself on this topic if it’s of interest to you. Why, you ask? Well, you might have some ideas that aren’t exactly accurate. Of course, the more you know, the easier it is to keep your smile looking lovely and in exceptional health!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: One of the main possible side effects of drinking wine is the fact that it can erode your tooth tissue because of its acidity.
- True or False: Red wines can certainly stain your teeth because they are dark and deeply pigmented. This will often begin with the appearance of a purplish cast on your smile once you’ve had some wine.
- True or False: Your Temecula dentist can assure you that white wine will not contribute to teeth staining or oral health problems because it’s nearly clear.
- True. No matter what type of wine you’re drinking, your Temecula dentist explains that it’s acidic and can contribute to the breakdown of your enamel (the outer layer of your tooth that provides protection).
- True. A common discoloration culprit is red wine, so keep this in mind if you’re protecting the whiteness of your smile.
- False. While it seems logical to drink white wine over red, it can actually prove more harmful. It’s more acidic and can leave your smile more vulnerable to damage as well as stains from other beverages and foods that follow.
Learn More From Our Friendly Team
From questions about the types of food and beverages you can consume to anything else about your oral health, we encourage you to learn more with us by mentioning your questions. Give us a call in Temecula, CA to schedule a consultation with your dentist. We are proud to serve patients from Riverside, Temecula, Moreno Valley, Corona, and all surrounding California communities. To schedule an appointment, contact one of the following locations nearest to you:
Riverside Dental Group at Magnolia in Riverside, CA at (951) 689-5031.
Dental Associates of Moreno Valley in Moreno Valley, CA at (951) 697-6800.
Riverside Dental Group at Woodcrest in Riverside, CA at (951) 776-9001.
Oasis Family Dental in Temecula, CA at (951) 695-2290.
Dental Associates of Riverside in Riverside, CA at (951) 369-1001.
Dental Associates of Corona in Corona, CA at (951) 273-9580.