It’s time to talk about that very special instrument upon which everyone’s dental health most certainly relies: The toothbrush! While you’ve probably gotten the details of your own brush and dental hygiene sorted out, you may not feel like you’ve got a completely solid grasp on what’s good and what’s not so good for your son or daughter. Since you’ve probably got your hands full, we suggest getting the details you need ASAP by taking a brief quiz from your children’s dentist. You may find you already know all you need to know!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Children should only use manual toothbrushes. Your children’s dentist explains that relying on electric devices is not a good plan until children reach the age of 18.
- True or False: We don’t encourage you to let your child help you make choices when you’re purchasing dental hygiene items like toothbrushes. It can confuse them and make them think oral health is just a game.
- True or False: Across the board, for children, teens, and parents alike, we will always recommend the use of soft bristles only. When you use anything that’s medium or firm, you run the risk of causing damage like erosion or receding gums.
- False. This is not at all the case. Electric toothbrushes are safe for children and can offer very effective cleansing. In fact, you can easily find a wide array of those made specifically for children’s smiles.
- False. Actually, it can be very beneficial to include your child, explains your children’s dentist. It makes dental hygiene and oral health care seem special and exciting. Your child will look forward to using the special toothbrush he or she has chosen!
- True. Soft bristles permit you to effectively remove plaque and keep gums healthy without damaging enamel or irritating gingival tissue. When you choose firmer bristles, you run the risk of experiencing these problems.
Make Wise Choices For Your Kids’ Smiles With Our Help
Keep your kids’ smiles healthy by learning all about best practices for their dental hygiene. Give us a call in Riverside, CA to schedule a consultation with your dentist. We are proud to serve patients from Riverside, Temecula, Moreno Valley, Corona, and all surrounding California communities. To schedule an appointment, contact one of the following locations nearest to you:
Riverside Dental Group at Magnolia in Riverside, CA at (951) 689-5031.
Dental Associates of Moreno Valley in Moreno Valley, CA at (951) 697-6800.
Riverside Dental Group at Woodcrest in Riverside, CA at (951) 776-9001.
Oasis Family Dental in Temecula, CA at (951) 695-2290.
Dental Associates of Riverside in Riverside, CA at (951) 369-1001.
Dental Associates of Corona in Corona, CA at (951) 273-9580.