Is your oral health ready for the chillier temperatures? Have you noticed that you tend to regard wintertime as quite different from summertime, which means you might not be giving your smile the same amount of attention during this time of year? Not to worry. Your Moreno Valley dentist’s quiz will help you refocus!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: It’s impossible to get a sunburn during the winter, explains your Moreno Valley dentist. This only happens during summer and warm months, so you don’t need to worry about this facet of your oral health.
- True or False: Dry mouth is something that can affect your smile during the wintertime, which means you should remain just as diligent as in the summer and spring about drinking H2O.
- True or False: An increase in drinking warm, specialty drinks like hot cocoa and espresso drinks during winter can increase your chance of decay.
- False. You should still be slathering on the sunscreen both on your face and on your lips (find SPF lip balm) to ensure you’re not receiving UV rays that can damage your skin and lead to problems like skin cancer.
- True. You might associate dryness with sweating and summer. However, it’s common during wintertime, too. Your Moreno Valley dentist suggests you drink water, use a humidifier if your bedroom is too dry, and check in with us if you think you’re having oral health problems related to insufficient saliva flow.
- True. If you usually drink water but in the cold weather, you tend to reach for sugary and acidic drinks that are nice and hot, keep this in mind! Remember to drink water, too (and brush when you can) to keep oral health safe.
Keep Your Winter Smile Safe With Our Care
Come in for your checkups not only during warm weather but during winter too! Give us a call in Moreno Valley, CA to schedule a consultation with your dentist. We are proud to serve patients from Riverside, Temecula, Moreno Valley, Corona, and all surrounding California communities. To schedule an appointment, contact one of the following locations nearest to you:
Riverside Dental Group at Magnolia in Riverside, CA at (951) 689-5031.
Dental Associates of Moreno Valley in Moreno Valley, CA at (951) 697-6800.
Riverside Dental Group at Woodcrest in Riverside, CA at (951) 776-9001.
Oasis Family Dental in Temecula, CA at (951) 695-2290.
Dental Associates of Riverside in Riverside, CA at (951) 369-1001.
Dental Associates of Corona in Corona, CA at (951) 273-9580.