Your Corona dentist wonders if you know much about restorations. While you may know that we offer just about anything you might need in the way of restoring your smile after a problem has led to some amount of damage, your knowledge may not be very in-depth. To dig a bit deeper into the world of fixing up broken teeth and the like, today we will be shedding some light on the difference between a couple commonly required treatments. Do you know the difference between full restorations and those providing partial replacement of tissue? It’s time to become enlightened!
Full Dentures And Partial Dentures
There are full dentures and there are partial dentures. What they have in common is that they are both removable prosthetics that help you replace your missing teeth if you have experienced tooth loss. Here, however, is the way that they are different, explains your Corona dentist:
- Full Dentures: A full prosthetic is a complete top or bottom artificial arch of teeth. It will replace the complete loss of teeth for one arch.
- Partial Dentures: A partial prosthetic is a partial top or bottom artificial segment of teeth. It will help you replace one or multiple teeth that you have lost.
Dental Crowns And Inlays (And Onlays, Too!)
You may have heard of dental crowns, as well as of inlays and onlays. What’s what, you may wonder? Your Corona dentist explains:
- A Crown: A dental crown provides you with a full restoration. It is constructed as a full artificial tooth, covering the tissue of your natural tooth that remains.
- An Inlay: This is a partial restoration that replaces part of a missing tooth (the portion between the cusps on your tooth).
- An Onlay: Again, this is a partial restoration, replacing the part of your tooth that is missing along the side or a missing cusp.
Learn More About Restorative Options With Us
Come in to see your Corona dentist when you’ve experienced damage and need to repair your smile with a beautiful restorative treatment. Give us a call in Corona, CA to schedule a consultation with your dentist. We are proud to serve patients from Riverside, Temecula, Moreno Valley, Corona, and all surrounding California communities. To schedule an appointment, contact one of the following locations nearest to you:
Riverside Dental Group at Magnolia in Riverside, CA at (951) 689-5031.
Dental Associates of Moreno Valley in Moreno Valley, CA at (951) 697-6800.
Riverside Dental Group at Woodcrest in Riverside, CA at (951) 776-9001.
Oasis Family Dental in Temecula, CA at (951) 695-2290.
Dental Associates of Riverside in Riverside, CA at (951) 369-1001.
Dental Associates of Corona in Corona, CA at (951) 273-9580.