You know on some level that visiting us for six-month cleanings is an important part of your dental care. You know this because every time you see us, we mention seeing you in six months. However, do you really understand why we are so enthusiastic about your return? True, we love seeing your smiling face, but that’s not the only reason we recommend twice annual cleanings. Test your knowledge and you may come to realize just how well dental cleanings protect your teeth and gums.
Dental Cleaning Quiz
- True or False: If you forget to brush your teeth for a couple days, it’s okay – as long as you brush them really well, your oral health will be fine.
- True or False: Brushing and flossing daily is enough to maintain completely healthy teeth.
- True or False: As long as you schedule a cleaning eventually, we can make up for lost time.
- True or False: During a cleaning, we will use special instruments to gently yet thoroughly remove plaque from all teeth surfaces. We will also polish your teeth.
- True or False: During your cleaning, we encourage you to ask questions about any concerns you may have, such as bad breath.
- False. Plaque exists on your teeth on a daily basis. When left untreated for as few as 24 to 48 hours, it may harden so that you cannot remove on your own. This may lead to problems like gum inflammation. These concerns may be prevented by and require professional cleaning.
- False. Though you may take excellent care of your teeth, your brushing and flossing can only effectively remove some of the plaque on your teeth. Only our professional dental instruments and techniques can leave your teeth plaque-free.
- False. By leaving plaque on your teeth, you also leave your teeth and gums vulnerable to its effects – namely tooth decay and gum disease. Once these problems occur, you will require restorative care. The more consistently you schedule dental cleanings, the greater your chances of maintaining excellent oral health.
- True. You can expect to leave our office with teeth that feel extremely clean.
- True. An essential aspect of good care includes excellent communication and patient education. Please remember to voice your concerns, so we may guide you toward your best smile.
ABOUT YOUR RIVERSIDE DENTISTS:
With offices throughout Riverside Country, including Corona, Temecula, and Moreno Valley, Riverside Dental Group is happy to provide advanced general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry services to patients of all ages. To learn more, or to schedule a consultation, call our office today at (951) 689-5031.