The Centers for Disease Control concluded a study showing that half of adults over the age of 35 suffer from some form of periodontal disease. Without treatment, gum disease can lead to complications, such as adult tooth loss. How do you avoid gum disease?
Try Our Quiz on Avoiding Gum Disease
- True or False: Poor oral hygiene can lead to gum disease.
- True or False: Sore gums could be a warning sign.
- True or False: Homecare can help protect your smile.
- True or False: We can treat the issue with a periodontal cleaning.
- True. When we don’t brush and floss our teeth properly and thoroughly, plaque buildup can occur. Plaque eventually irritates the gum tissues, leading to inflammation, also known as gingivitis. This stage can soon be followed by periodontal disease without treatment.
- True. You should see your dentist if you notice your gums feel sore or appear more red than usual. Bleeding when your brush and floss can also be as sign that you need treatment for periodontal issues.
- True. When you take proper care of your smile at home, you limit the amount of plaque that forms on the teeth and reduce the risk of gum inflammation.
- True. Also known as a deep cleaning, a periodontal cleaning is through and removes all plaque and tartar from the teeth and from the exposed portions of the roots, which reduces the severity of inflammation.
Do You Have Questions About Gum Disease?
We can help you maintain a healthy smile free of periodontal disease with our approach to periodontics. Give us a call in Corona, CA to schedule a consultation with your dentist. We are proud to serve patients from Riverside, Temecula, Moreno Valley, Corona, and all surrounding California communities. To schedule an appointment, contact one of the following locations nearest to you:
Riverside Dental Group at Magnolia in Riverside, CA at (951) 689-5031.
Dental Associates of Moreno Valley in Moreno Valley, CA at (951) 697-6800.
Riverside Dental Group at Woodcrest in Riverside, CA at (951) 776-9001.
Oasis Family Dental in Temecula, CA at (951) 695-2290.
Dental Associates of Riverside in Riverside, CA at (951) 369-1001.
Dental Associates of Corona in Corona, CA at (951) 273-9580.