Do you have a pain in one or more of your teeth? At some point, nearly all of us will develop pain in our teeth. The discomfort can be caused by a number of different problems, including tooth decay. Understanding the cause of your aches can help you make better choices for your oral health!
Try Our Quiz on Toothaches
- True or False: A variety of problems can lead to aching teeth.
- True or False: An untreated ache can lead to an infected tooth.
- True or False: You can take steps to avoid discomfort.
- True or False: We can often address the problem in one visit.
- True. Often, changes in air pressure, such as when flying in an airplane, can lead to temporary aches. In addition, sinus infections or allergies can also cause brief toothaches. But when the pain is persistent and lasts more than 48 hours, you may have a problem that requires the attention of a dental professional.
- True. If a cavity isn’t treated, the decay continues to spread until bacteria reach the inner pulp. At this point, an infection or abscess can form. An infection leads to greater discomfort and eventually, a greater risk of adult tooth loss.
- True. You can limit your risk of decay and toothaches by cutting back on sugary foods and drinks, brushing your teeth twice a day, and flossing each night before bed. You can also see us for routine checkups and cleanings, which allow us to identify them in the earliest stages and remove plaque to reduce the chance of a cavity forming.
- True. We can place a lifelike dental filling, one that is metal-free and shaded to match your tooth. In one visit, you can enjoy treatment that protects your tooth from further discomfort and blends with your smile.
Does Your Tooth Hurt?
We can uncover the cause of your aching tooth and recommend treatment! Give us a call in Riverside, CA to schedule a consultation with your dentist. We are proud to serve patients from Riverside, Temecula, Moreno Valley, Corona, and all surrounding California communities. To schedule an appointment, contact one of the following locations nearest to you:
in Riverside, CA at (951) 689-5031.
in Moreno Valley, CA at (951) 697-6800.
in Riverside, CA at (951) 776-9001.
in Temecula, CA at (951) 695-2290.
in Riverside, CA at (951) 369-1001.
in Corona, CA at (951) 273-9580.