Gum disease is a common condition. If you visit the dentist regularly, you have probably been told how important proper oral hygiene and dental cleanings are for preventing gum disease. Although gum disease is common, many people are unaware how gum disease affects your oral health and entire body. In fact, many patients hold common misconceptions about this oral health ailment. Test your periodontal knowledge with the short quiz below.
- Gum disease goes away on its own. True/False
- Up to 80% of the adult population in the United States will develop some form of gum disease. True/False
- Brushing your teeth is more beneficial than flossing. True/False
- Gum disease is not a serious condition. True/False
- Tooth loss is a natural part of aging. True/False
- Gum disease treatment is painful. True/False (more…)
Your oral health is connected to your entire wellbeing. Riverside Dental Group provides excellent dental care throughout Riverside County. Our group of talented dentists and dental professionals provide cosmetic, general, and restorative dentistry for your entire family. How much do you know about your teeth and oral health? Take the short quiz below to test your dental knowledge!
What’s Your Dentistry IQ?
- Teeth are living structures. True/False
- Tooth loss is a natural part of the aging process. True/False
- Periodontitis is the inflammation and infection of gum tissue. True/False
- Incisors and bicuspids are types of teeth. True/False
- Flossing your teeth daily is not necessary. True/False
- Tartar is hardened plaque. True/False
- Tartar buildup can only be removed by handheld dental tools. True/False
- Tooth enamel is made of minerals. True/False
- Bacteria cannot harm your teeth unless your enamel is damaged. True/False
- Sugar damages your tooth enamel. True/False (more…)
With the launch of our new blog site, we will provide our patients and readers with helpful, educational information that addresses a wide range of topics related to oral health. Our blog site will allow our team at Riverside Dental Group to interact with patients, raise awareness about dental health, and answer common questions.
Why is flossing so important?
You have probably heard many times that you must floss every day. Flossing is important because it protects your gums from periodontal disease. When you floss, you remove plaque and debris that collect in the spaces between your teeth and along the gum line. Flossing also disrupts the formation of bacterial colonies near your gum tissue.
What type of toothbrush should I use?
The type of toothbrush you select depends on your personal preference. However, we recommend that you choose a soft-bristled toothbrush with the American Dental Association’s seal of approval. You should brush your teeth in gentle, circular motions twice a day for a minimum of two minutes. (more…)
With six convenient locations throughout Riverside County, Riverside Dental Group strives to help our residents achieve optimal oral health. With the launch of our new blog, we can easily address common questions that our patients ask us. Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions provided by our team of dentists and dental professionals.
How Often Should I Brush My Teeth?
Our team, along with the American Dental Association, recommends that you brush your teeth at least twice a day for a minimum of two minutes. However, some patients brush their teeth more than twice a day—especially after eating.
Why Do I Need to Floss Every Day?
Flossing is one of the best ways to prevent the development of gum disease. When you floss your teeth daily, you disrupt colonies of bacteria that live along your gum line and help prevent tartar accumulation. Flossing also cleans your teeth and gums in places that your toothbrush can’t reach. (more…)
Dental Associates of Riverside is proud to announce the launch of our new blog site! We want to provide our patients and readers with the information they need to maintain optimal oral health. We cordially invite you to subscribe to our blog by entering your e-mail address in the subscription box on the right-hand side of our web site. When we update our blog with a new post, you will receive a friendly notification.
Dental Associates of Riverside’s Services
- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Pediatric Dentistry
From gum disease treatment to improving your smile with cosmetic dentistry, our dental professionals provide the Riverside community with excellent dental and oral care.
Introducing Our Doctors
Dr. Jay Elliot – A graduate of the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, Dr. Elliot provides general and preventive dental services.
Dr. Ronald Moore – Practicing dentistry since 1989, Dr. Moore received his DDS from Marquette University School of Dentistry. He provides general dental care to our patients.
Dr. Jay Stockdale – A member of the Academy of General Dentistry, he earned his DDS in 1985 from Loma Linda University School of Dentistry.
Dr. Gary D. Lee – A graduate of the University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Dr. Lee is also a specialist in Pediatric Dentistry. He provides our younger patients preventive dental services.
Dr. Robert Stockdale – Providing orthodontic services to adults and children, Dr. Stockdale earned his DDS and Ms in Orthodontics from Loma Linda University School of Dentistry.
Dr. David M. Ludwig – A Periodontist, Dr. Ludwig received his specialty training from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dentistry. He earned his D.D.S from U.C.L.A School of Dentistry. He provides diagnosis and treatment of gum disease.
Dr. Arshia Kasravi – A specialist in Endodontics, Dr. Kasravi provides tooth-saving treatments such as root canal therapy. She earned her DDS from the University of Southern California School of Dentistry and conducted her specialty training at Case Western Reserve University.
For all of your oral health needs, count on Dental Associates of Riverside to provide you with comprehensive care. To ask questions or schedule an appointment, contact our Riverside dentist office at (951) 369-1001. We serve patients from Riverside and the neighboring communities.
Our team at Riverside Dental Group is proud to announce our new blog! For our patients and community, this is a great way to find information on a wide array of topics related to dentistry and facilitate communication between our readers and staff. Feel free to communicate with us by writing your thoughts and questions in the comments section below each post.
Upcoming Dental Blog Topics on our Riverside Dental Group’s Blog
- Latest Innovations in Dentistry – When we acquire new equipment or want to share new dental innovations with you, we will update our blog with current information so that our patients stay informed.
- New Dental Research – Scientists are working hard to learn more about the complexities of oral health every day. For our readers who are scientifically minded, these types of posts will provide you with intriguing material to discuss with your friends.
- Health Awareness – Your oral health as well as your total wellbeing is important to our doctors. These posts will offer information on healthy living as well as helpful tips for improving your oral hygiene routine.
- Quizzes – From time-to-time we may post fun quizzes to test your dental knowledge.
- Trivia – Have you ever wondered when the toothbrush was invented? For our readers who love learning random facts, these posts just might help you win a trivia game against your friends.
- Dental Services – From cosmetic dentistry to preventive procedures, we will explain the wide range of services we offer and how they may improve your smile or your oral health.
If you would like to subscribe to our blog, enter your e-mail address in the subscription box on the right hand side of our blog site. You will receive friendly reminders when we post something new. For questions or to schedule an appointment, contact one of our dentist offices nearest you. We currently have six locations for your convenience.
Congratulations on your new blog! Feel free to take a look around. Over the next few days it will be stocked with content. Enjoy!
Congratulations on your new blog. Feel free to take a look around. Over the next few days it will be stocked with posts. Enjoy!